What is the BLTouch leveling sensor?
- BLTouch is an auto-leveling sensor for 3D Printers based on open-source.
- Simple, Smart, High-precision.
- It could work with any kinds of bed materials, such as glasses, woods, metals, and so on.
- Come with 1m extension cable set
- Firmware Update: This item requires a firmware update. Please check the manufacturer’s instruction page.
Main functions and controls of BLTouch are same as usual auto bed leveling sensor, consists of RC servo and microswitch. Thus, BLTouch can be applied on almost every board.
BLTouch fulfilled simple structure and high precision by using a progressively designed solenoid and hall sensor and aimed user convenience and enjoyable printing by adding many smart functions, self-test, alarm, alarm release, test mode for M119.
- Simple: BLTouch can be easily applied since it has a small and simple structure. Gathering information and firmware setting will be an easy task because BLTouch works as usual auto bed leveling sensor.
- Self-test: The push pin is operated three times to test when the power is on.
- Alarm: The LED light blinks if a problem found on a self-test or an operation.
- High-precision: BLTouch’s Standard Deviation in repeatability is around 0.005mm.
BLTouch vs. other sensors
BLTouch consists of Atmel ATtiny13A or ATtiny2313A(V2.2 and later), solenoid, and a push pin.
Innovative Solenoid: Ultra Power Saving
On idle state, while the push-pin is whether pulled out or retracted, there is no electric current flowing in the solenoid. Standby electric current in the whole device is below the average of 15mA on working state, but while the pin is moving, in a sudden about 100ms, under 300mA flows in the device.
Low power consumption even drops joule heating, and it prevents the heat problem.
Hall Sensor: Free Bed Selection
BLTouch does not use either optical nor proximity(inductive/capacitive) sensor. BLTouch is controlled by hall effect, providing high precision. Thus the bed material can be freely selected.
Optimized structure: Larger Build Size
BLTouch is a small, and technology-intensive device. Build size can be set larger than other existing auto bed leveling sensor.
Easy to Use
BLTouch uses existing RC Servo motor signal intactly, so just plug BLTouch on the same pins after removing servo motor.
Our Printer also uses BLTouch Bed Leveling Sensor
BLtouch: How to add cheap and easy auto mesh bed leveling