What is the E3D V6 All Metal Hotend
The v6 HotEnd allows you to print a wide variety of materials, from soft and flexible to sturdy and strong. This is possible due to the PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) liner tube through the hotend that you can extend into your extruder – this gives the ability to add the confinement and constraint needed to make excellent quality prints with flexible filaments. This technology opens new doors for your 3D printing aspirations.
With High-Temperature Performance, you can print with high-temp materials like Polycarbonate and Nylon – this also eliminates HotEnd meltdown failures that are common with PTFE designs.
- Print the Widest Possible Range of Materials: Our signature all-metal design allows you to reliably print high-temperature materials, and we’ve added extra functionality with soft and flexible filaments. This opens up a huge range of new opportunities for your printer.
- High-Temperature Performance: The V6 can comfortably reach 300°C with the supplied thermistor. By swapping a thermistor for a thermocouple (may require additional electronics) or PT100 you can reach over 400°C. This not only allows you to print extremely high-temperature materials like Polycarbonate and Nylons but also eliminates HotEnd meltdown failures associated with PEEK/PTFE designs.
- Compact: We’ve focussed on cutting as much bulk from the E3D V6 as possible. This means an overall length of just 62mm and low bulk in X/Y dimensions!
- Easy to Use: Our new thermistor cartridge simply slides into place and is secured with a single screw. We use high-temperature glass sleeving to insulate the thermistor legs as well. This makes installing or removing the thermistor a quick and clean process compared to previous methods involving fiddly taping.
- High-Quality Printing: We’ve kept our sharp thermal transition that gives the high-quality printing performance users have come to expect from E3D HotEnds. A sharp thermal break gives better control over filament output so you get a more immediate start and stops when extruding as well as retracts that are more effective in combating ooze. This means sharper, more accurate prints that have less stringing, oozing or blobbing.
What’s in the box:
- 1 Aluminum Heatsink (Contains embedded fitting for tubing in 1.75mm Universal and 3mm Bowden versions)
- 1 Stainless Steel Heatbreak
- 1 Brass Nozzle (0.4mm)
- 1 Aluminum Heater Block
- 1 100K Semitec NTC thermistor (new cartridge-type format)
- 12v 30W Heater Cartridge
- 1 12v 30x30x10mm fan
- 4 Plastfast30 3.0 x 16 screws to attach the fan to the fan duct
- 1 M3x3 socket dome screw and M3 washer to clamp thermistor
- 1 M3x10 socket dome screw to clamp the heater block around the heater cartridge
- 1 Fan Duct (Injection Moulded PC)
- 1 Silicone Sock
E3D V6 All-Metal HotEnd System – Why You Should Be Printing With It
CR-10 E3-V6 Upgrade